Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Our Last Dinner


So last Sunday was the last time that my dad will be sharing Sunday dinners at home with his family. My dad was put in a rest home two weeks ago and his health is going downhill pretty fast. It was so nice to have him home one last time and to take some pictures and let the grand kids see him at home. It has been interesting seeing him almost everyday at the rest home. Some days he seems to be doing great while other days he is so out of it and in lots of pain. It's hard to see him like this. No one wants to see someone they love deteriorating.

My dad is an amazing person and I love him so much! I feel blessed that he has been with us for as long as he has. He is a great example to me.

I LOVE YOU DAD!!!!!


8 comments:

Kellie said...

I am so sorry! Let us know what we can do!

my very own self said...

praying for you! love you guys

CNeilson said...

I am so very sorry for you and your family Lori. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Hey Lori,
I am sorry for everything you are going through! I know it is hard, but I am glad you have such an amazing family to help you and your dad through it! If I can help you with anything please let me know. I love you!

Chelsi said...

So glad that you and your kids were able to have that time with your dad. I'm sorry that you're having to go through that.

Traci Nelson said...

I had no idea he was ill, I am so sorry to hear this. The pictures are a great idea - that's quite a legacy. Having gone through it myself, I can understand how difficult this is - will be thinking of you!

Brittany said...

So sorry to hear about this Lori! I was actually going through some old stuff of mine at my parents house, and saw this play CD player your parents gave me when I had chicken pocks! We love and miss your family! You guys are in our prayers!

Lyndsi said...

Lori - I wish I could visit with you more...I didn't know you've been facing a hard time. What a beautiful family, and what a sweet tribute to your dad. We'll keep you in our prayers.