Sunday, November 8, 2009

Families Are Forever



My mom, me and all my brothers

This picture is not cute...it just makes me laugh!



What a wonderful blessing it is to know that families are forever. With the passing of my dad I've had many questions from my kids about what happens when you die and where your body goes, etc. Grace is trying so hard to understand it all and she finally said to me today, "my head is all crazy right now mom". Sweet girl! It is all crazy and so wonderful to know that this life isn't the end of our existence. We will once again be together with my dad.
God be with you till we meet again!

6 comments:

Traci Nelson said...

I enjoyed your blog post and what you said. Definitely been thinking of you.

Unknown said...

well said, Lori. It was a sacred privilege to be there Saturday. I have to admit this has been privately difficult for me, even with the clear perspective.

There are only a few men in my entire life that I would classify as mentor and Steve was one of those few. The impact he has made on me is immeasurable and blesses me everyday.

Thank God for him in my life! And I am so glad we are family!

Josie said...

Beautiful post Lori! I'm glad all went well on Saturday, I wished I was there to hear you speak. I am sure you had an extra special place in your Dad's heart - Daddy's girl out of 6 boys!!! I'm here for ya any time you want to talk.

NA said...

I'm so sorry about the loss of your dad. If you need anything just let us know! (435) 251-7568....

Kellie said...

The funeral was wonderful and you did great! So glad that we could be there with you!

Lyndsi said...

Lori - you are such a sweetheart, and someone I've always admired so much. I'm sorry for the passing of your Dad. I pray for you and your family to continue to have peace and joy in the knowledge that families are indeed forever!!